Saturday, January 24, 2009

Yummy dinner!

So in an effort to cook dinner everynight and to eat less processed food for dinner...I have done really well. Tonight Bill was home, so I decided to try a new recipe...Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings...Oh my God! It was sooooo goooood!!!!!!! I will definitely be adding it to my rotation.

Chicken and Dumplings in the crockpot

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 8 tenderloins) seasoned with sage, garlic powder, pepper, thyme, marjoram, and rosemary
2 tbsp. butter
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 onion finely chopped
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup frozen carrots
1 tube refrigerated biscuits

Put everything except biscuits in crockpot. Fill with water to cover. Mix together. Cover and cook on high 5 hours. Tear biscuits into chunks and put in Crockpot. Cover and cook for an additional 75 minutes on high. Serve over mashed potatoes.

This was sooooo yummy! Rebecca didn't like it, but it was the first time she had it so maybe she will like it next time....I am doing good on this meal planning thing. Tonight I need to make my menu out for this week. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment