Monday, July 19, 2010

MENU PLAN (July 19- July 25)

 
Okay before I do this weeks plan, let's see how I did last week:

Monday: Hot dogs, baked beans, and pasta salad---had that.
Tuesday: lasagna, cukes, garlic bread---had this
Wednesday: lean cuisine, chicken nuggets, peas-- had this
Thursday: fish fillets, mac and cheese, broccoli--- Bill and Rebecca had fish and mac n cheese. I did not make the broccoli and I did not want any for dinner. It was too hot. I ended up eating some pasta salad later.
Friday: dinner out for our anniversary--- we had Outback Steakhouse for dinner
Saturday: sausage, eggs, toast, fruit-- Big fat Fail! Did not have this. Made hot dogs and baked beans for Rebecca and Bill. Again I was too hot to eat, so I made a smoothie later that night.
Sunday: frozen meal for me, hot dog and mac and cheese for Rebecca---had this (minus the hot dog for Rebecca) plus peaches.

Overall not too bad. I stuck to the plan for the most part! YAY!! Lesson learned though I need to incorporate meals that are not really greasy and that don't heat up the house (since we don't have a/c and it is VERY HOT  and HUMID here! ). I also received a large George Foreman grill this week as a gift so I will  definitely be making use of that! :) Overall Grade for the week: A-

SO with all that in mind, here is this weeks menu:

Breakfast: cereal, fruit, homemade pancakes (in freezer), milk

Lunch: leftovers, sandwiches, pb and crackers, fruit, apple juice, milk

Dinner:

MONDAY:  Grilled chicken, homemade pasta salad with veggies and cheese, cut up cucumbers and tomatoes

TUESDAY: fish sticks, green beans, pineapple

WEDNESDAY: Grilled cheese, bacon, tomato sandwiches, carrots and pears

THURSDAY: Whole Chicken in the crockpot, salad, peas

FRIDAY: spaghettios, chicken quesedillas (using leftovers from Thursday) with salsa

SATURDAY: cheeseburgers with all the fixings, broccoli and fruit

SUNDAY: leftovers or pizza (haven't decided yet)

So there goes. Another week of menu planning. Last week was a success so that's see what this week holds.

Special thanks to Laura, at Orgjunkie.com, for hosting Menu Plan Monday! Check out her page for hundreds of meal ideas and inspiration!


No comments:

Post a Comment