Monday, July 26, 2010

Menu Plan-- July 26- August 1, 2010


So last week didn't go so well.... 2 kids being sick, temperatures outside and in our non-air-conditioned house being around 110 degrees being major factors in this. The result is shown below. Hopefully this week will be a little better!
Last weeks menu and results:

MONDAY: Grilled chicken, homemade pasta salad with veggies and cheese, cut up cucumbers and tomatoes--Yes for the most part. Had chicken, pasta, and tomatoes and mandarin oranges. The cucumbers had gone bad. They had a really funny texture to them and taste.


TUESDAY: fish sticks, green beans, pineapple-- Rebecca had fish sticks and green beans. I don't remember what I had, but it wasn't that.

WEDNESDAY: Grilled cheese, bacon, tomato sandwiches, carrots and pears-- nope. I think I made chicken nuggets for Rebecca. She was sick and didn't feel good.

THURSDAY: Whole Chicken in the crockpot, salad, peas-- Yes and no. Had the chicken and the peas. Did not make it to the grocery store before dinner as planned so no salad. It was too hot to eat for me. Bill and Rebecca had this.

FRIDAY: spaghettios, chicken quesedillas (using leftovers from Thursday) with salsa-- Nope. It was way to hot to be at home today, so we spent the day at my mom's house. We had Hunan Garden chinese for dinner!

SATURDAY: cheeseburgers with all the fixings, broccoli and fruit-- Nope. Again it was so hot. Rebecca who was still sick wanted chicken nuggets and ice cream so that is what I gave her. I had leftover pizza that Bill had brought home from work and a Klondike bar!

SUNDAY: leftovers or pizza (haven't decided yet)-- Rebecca wanted spaghettios so I made her those. I made a chicken, cheese and onion quesedilla on the foreman grill. This was supposed to be Fridays menu :P

Overall not too bad, considering the heat and the sickness. I hope this week is better and Rebecca's appetite is back to normal. (fingers crossed!)

So this week's menu is:

Monday: leftovers/ chicken fried rice, melon
Tuesday:  hamburgers, fruit
Wednesday: (my b-day): hot dogs, fruit
Thursday: dinner out with my in-laws for my b-day
Friday: grilled chicken, broccoli, pineapple
Saturday: fish, corn, applesauce
Sunday: leftovers or pizza night

So there you have it. Hopefully I can do a better job of following this this week! Hopefully everyone gets well and Bill and I don't end up sick!

To check out more dinner ideas, check out orgjunkie.com

1 comment:

  1. Great menu! I find it hard to stick to ours too, I always change something. I hope you don't get sick and Happy Early Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete