Friday, February 18, 2011

New Recipe for February: Ham and Cheese Rollups



I made these for dinner tonight. This is one of 2 new recipes I wanted to try for February in keeping with my New Year's Goal of trying at least one new recipe a month. The verdict: We LOVED these!

I found the recipe in an old Taste of Home magazine and modified it to fit our family. (The original called for more cheese, and salami, which we don't like and I did not put the peppers on the ones for the kiddos!) I only could eat 1/2 of one, and the kiddos ate about 1/4 of one before they were full. I served these with green beans and pears.


They are SO EASY to make! I will definitely be making these again!

Ham and Cheese Rollups
2 TBSP. olive oil, divided
4 Flour tortillas (Burrito sized)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1/4 lb. thinly sliced deli ham
1/4 lb. thinly sliced provolone cheese
1/2 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained and juliened
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
(Marinara sauce, optional)

  1. Brush 1 TBSP. olive oil on one side of the tortillas.
  2. Sprinkle each tortilla with parmesan cheese (dividing 1/4 c. among them).
  3. Layer tortillas with ham, provolone cheese, red peppers, and mozzarella cheese.
  4. Fold in sides of tortilla and roll up.
  5. Place seam side down on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
  6. Brush with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
  7. Bake at 425 degrees for 9-12 minutes until golden brown.
  8. Serve warm with marinara sauce if desired.
Per each tortilla:
Calories: 605
Fat: 35 grams




1 comment:

  1. That looks soooo good. Did you really feel full after less than one? I might have to try it.

    ReplyDelete