Sleep IS good

Over the last week I have been so tired and rundown. I thought it was because it was that time of the month for me, but the more I thought about it the more that didn't seem to make sense. Last night I had an AHA moment...Dear Hubby and I were talking and I told him I felt stressed and tense and tired. He told me that I looked exhausted and that I should take a long bubble bath and go to bed early. He had to work last night so this would occur after I put the kiddos in bed. I said "But I need to exercise and get some things done." He told me that the exercise wouldn't help if I was exhausted. After he left for work, I began to think about it. All week I had been stressed about lots of little things, I hadn't been sleeping well, I had been staying up late to exercise and to work on things on the computer, I hadn't been eating well....Basically I wasn't taking care of me. So......

Last night after I got Rebecca and Jacob put to bed, I turned out all the lights downstairs. Took my magazines that I had gotten in the mail and a new Children's book that I got to review and went upstairs, changed into my pj's and laid in bed to read. This was at 9:15. The last time I looked at the clock it was 9:45 and then I woke up at 12:45, got up and turned the light off and then woke up at 7:30 this morning. Today, I feel AWESOME!!!  I am not tired. I have energy and feel uplifted. To that end I need to start listening to my body and getting sleep. Because SLEEP IS GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 5th birthday Benjamin!

Cleaning and decluttering this weekend

Weigh In Wednesday #15 of 2017