Saturday, March 5, 2011

February Goals update

February was a hard month for me. I didn't do very well on the exercise and losing weight part. I feel like my relationship with Bill was strained. It seems like the kids, Bill or I were sick ALL month. It just wasn't a good month. Here is a recap of what my goals were entering February and how they ended up....

PERSONAL GOALS:
  • Continue working on weight loss
    • To do this, exercise for 20+ minutes 6 days a week. Do either Wii Fit Plus workout or Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD. (I started this last month, now I just need to be more consistent with it. Didn't happen. Didn't exercise at all.
    • Calorie count! Keep calories under 2100 a day. I was eating upwards of 2700-3000 a day (head hung in shame!) mostly due to snacking and late night eating. Was doing okay for the first week then lost momentum and just stopped.
    • Drink at least 50 oz of water a day. I have been doing better on this, but there are days I get none. I DON'T want to get dehydrated! Fell back in the habit of drinking diet pop.
  • Read at least 2 books YES I DID THIS!!!
  • Have a date night with Bill  Didn't happen :(
  • Watch at least one movie...either "The Blind Side" or "The Last Song" I did watch The Last Song.
  • Try at least 1 new recipe this month I tried 2!
  • Limit the time that I am on the computer while the kids are awake. Didn't do very well on this.
FINANCIAL GOALS:
  • Try to keep grocery spending down to $60 or less a week.  I have been averaging more like $75 a week.
  • Keep household item spending (toilet paper, pads, diapers, etc.) to less than $50 for the month Was able to do this.
  • Do and File taxes before February 15. Filed most of them. I still have to file our community income tax and our old communitie's municipality tax.
  • Open ING saving account for irregular expenses (water, AAA, moving, and Rebecca tuition for the fall) COMPLETED!!!!
  • Write at least 5 companies a week for coupons. Ummm...I was supposed to do this???

OVERALL, THIS WAS JUST A BAD MONTH!!!!!! Must do better in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment