Thursday, April 7, 2011

F is for....Friends



I literally have friends that live all around the world. Two of my best friends from college live in San Francisco and Singapore, respectively. I have a very good friend who lives in Busselton, Australia. I have family and friends who live in Ireland and Germany.


Me and one of my Dearest Friends Carolyn
It is a nice feeling to know that I have these friends who, although they may not live near, are never more than an e-mail or facebook message away. With the advent of email, facebook, skype, etc. it is so much easier to maintain these friendships and to stay in constant connections with each others' lives.
My good friend Teresa and I.


It is hard not to live close to my closest friends. There are some limitations that I wish were not there. I could not attend the wedding of my dearest friend in Singapore due to financial limitations. I have not been able to meet friends that I have made online in Australia. I don't get to travel and see these friends.

However distance does not mean we are not the closest of friends. These women have laughed with me over email, instant messages, over the phone and through posts on facebook. They have cried with me and given me a "virtual" shoulder to cry on. We have helped each other through pregnancy losses, job issues, husband issues, kid issues, home cleaning and decluttering issues. You name it, we have been through it.

I am so grateful to have these close friends, even if they live all across the world. They mean the world to me! And they help me to live better one day at a time!

2 comments:

  1. As I read your post, it occurred to me that internet, email, facebook and blogging is one way for the world to come face to face with people of every nation and to finally overcome their negative views of a country. We are all just people after all, struggling through day to day challenges.
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Nancy, and welcome to my blog! Hope you have a great weekend!

    :) Rachel

    ReplyDelete