Monday, June 20, 2011

Menu Plan and grocery shopping update

On Mondays I share my grocery shopping from the weekend and my menu plan for the next week. I do this to keep an eye on my grocery spending ( I am trying to keep our grocery expenses to under $70 a week) and to have a plan for what to eat during this crazy thing called life. It is just one way that I can live better one day at a time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I will first have to say SORRY that I have been a bad blogger and haven't posted a menu/ grocery plan since last month. Things have been crazy around here. Not only have we moved, but things like budgeting and saving money at the grocery store has gone by the wayside. This HAS to stop! So I have decided that for July we are going to have another low spend grocery month. We do have a full pantry and some meat in the freezer so we should be okay....I hope to plan this better later this week and have details soon!

1 thing I do have details on now is our menu plan. In all of the craziness, unpacking, etc. I HAVE kept a menu plan, even though I have been bad and not posted it! (Again, I am SORRY!!!) Here is this week's plan:



Monday: BLTs, grilled cheese (for the kids), fruit salad, baked beans

Tuesday: Salad with chicken, chicken nuggets and carrots for the kids

Wednesday: Fish, macaroni and cheese, mixed veggies

Thursday: Spaghetti

Friday: Leftovers

Saturday: Pizza

Sunday: not sure yet??? It is my nephew's birthday so I think we may be going to a b-day party but am not sure

For more great menu ideas please visit... orgjunkie.com

1 comment:

  1. following from the hop http://www.talesofarantingginger.com/

    ReplyDelete