Sunday, August 7, 2011

31 Day No Bad Food Challenge: Day 6...an observation and a confession

Day 6 was a good day for the most part.

I did a bunch of running around with my mom, sister, brother and my kiddos. We went to the farmer's market Saturday morning, to the grocery store, home to get Jacob so Bill could go to work, Walmart (to do school supply shopping), King's Garden for lunch, craft store, Kmart and Staples. Then I came home, did laundry, exercised for an hour!, organized our home notebook and watched a movie. It was an overall exhausting day!! It is on these types of days that I would normally turn to caffeine and sugar to get me through. However, I didn't need it! YAY!!! I can feel the changes and I am feeling good!

Another thing that I have observed is that I need protein in to stay full. I had cereal and a banana the other morning for breakfast and I was starving a little while later. However, if I have some protein (either some turkey bacon or an egg) then I stay full longer! So I am going to try to make sure that I make sure I have some protein with most meals and snacks. I have been loving having a snack of green grapes, colby cheese, and some Kashi pita crisps. It is YUMMY!!!

Now on to what I ate: HERE is my confession: I didn't keep track of what I ate. I am soooo bad about keeping track! I think I am just going to not keep track again, unless I decide to do calorie counting.

What I did eat though (as far as I can remember)

cheerios and a banana---hungry and I knew that I needed to eat before the farmer's market
Chinese food---lettuce wraps with chicken, egg roll, veggie spring roll, water
       --decided not to have my old standby--sweet and sour chicken---instead had the wraps and they were
       SOOOOOO good! And very filling
grapes, cheese, Kashi Pita Crisps
lots of iced tea and water

Now that I have it all in black and white, I guess I really didn't eat very much. Oops...Maybe that is why I woke up STARVING this morning. Need to make sure I am eating at regular times and eating right! I think that in this weeks menu planning post, (coming up on Monday), I am going to also plan out breakfasts and lunches for the week too so I at least have a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment