Sunday, October 16, 2011

Menu Plan Monday


I did much better last week sticking to our menu plan! YAY ME! I hope to continue this trend. I have also decided to change the way that I go grocery shopping to see if it will help our budget. Instead of buying ahead and trying to stockpile, I am just going to buy what we need for that week. (Now if I find an amazing buy on something I know we use all the time, ie. canned green beans, etc. then I will break my rule). I am finding that I am buying things because it is a good price and only to have it sit in our pantry until I throw it out a year later. That is NO way of saving money and sticking to a budget so we shall see how this goes.

Does anyone else shop this way? Any tips for getting our grocery budget under control?

Now on to this week's menu (which I hope to stick to....)

Sunday: baked marinated chicken, corn, mixed veggies, pasta roni


Monday: Spaghetti with meat sauce

Tuesday: Pot Roast, mashed potatoes, carrots, onions, green beans, rolls

Wednesday: Grilled cheese and soup

Thursday: hot dogs and baked beans

Friday: leftovers/ chicken nuggets

Saturday: tex mex chicken in the crockpot over rice.

For more great menu ideas please visit: orgjunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment