Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to ALL the wonderful Dads out there in the world! Be they Fathers biologically, by marriage, by choice, etc. The good Fathers in the world deserve recognition on this day!

I have been blessed with knowing 2 wonderful Fathers in my own personal life....

First, I have been blessed with my own Father. They say that a Daddy is a Daughter's first best friend. Well that is true. From day 1 and through today, I can say that I can go to my Dad for advice, love, guidance, and everything in between. He is a wonderful Father to me and a great Grandfather to our children!  
Dad and I-- Easter 2004
Second- I have been BLESSED beyond belief to have married a man who is a Wonderful husband to me! And who also happens to be a PHENOMENAL Father to our children!

Bill is an amazing Dad to all 3 of our children and to our son in Heaven!

Bill with our kids-- May 2012
How did he come become a great Father?

It all started before we were married. Bill was told (before he ever met me) that he would never be able to father children. And we were okay with that. While it saddened me, I was okay with it. I felt that this was the man I was supposed to marry and spend the rest of my life with.

So July 16, 2005 we got married and pledged our love in front of family and friends.

In September of 2005, I suffered a miscarriage at 6 weeks along and we were both devastated.

On  November 28, 2006, we were blessed with the birth of our daughter Rebecca. Bill fell into the role of Daddy from Day 1.


On September 21, 2008 we lost our son Travis, who was born silently into Heaven. This was another devastating blow to us. But we both relished our role as Mom and Dad to Rebecca.

On October 11, 2009, we were blessed with the birth of our son Jacob. Bill loves playing sports and rough-housing with Jacob.



On April 2 of this year, we were again blessed with the birth of our son Benjamin. Bill was the first to hold him and was the first to be able to comfort him (as I had a c-section). I would not have wanted it any other way! He continues to be a great dad---staying up with Benjamin so I can get some sleep, taking the other kids to the park to give me a break, etc. 


This man whom I call my husband, is without a doubt THE WORLD'S BEST FATHER!!! He spends everyday taking care of his family and making decisions based on what is best for his children. When he comes home from work the kids run to him yelling Daddy, Dadda! They adore him and he adores them. And that is what a good father is! And that is what Bill is!

No comments:

Post a Comment