Monday, September 10, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday

 
How is it already Monday again? I’m not sure but I do know that it means that it’s "Happy Homemaker Monday," a project which is hosted by Diary of a Stay at Home Mom (one of my new-to-me favorite blogs to read!). Each week, she hosts "Happy Homemaker Monday" as a way to highlight what is going on in her world. This week I have decided to join in....So here is a little glimpse into my world on this Monday! 
 
 
The Weather:::
This morning it was COLD out...48 degrees! BRRR...but it is supposed to warm up to the low 70s today and then be in the high 70s/low 80s this week. I will take it! Feels good to have the a/c off and the windows open!
 
On my reading pile:::
Short Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer
Choose to Lose: The 7 Day Carb Cycle Solution by Chris Powell

On my tv:::
Football (for Bill)
Cartoons (for the kids)
 
On the menu for this week:::
Monday: Fish, broccoli, salad, mac and cheese
Tuesday: Pork chops, baked potatoes, salad, cucumbers
Wednesday: Grilled chicken, veggies
Thursday: ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans
Friday: grilled cheese, veggies
Saturday: Spaghetti and salad
Sunday: Dinner out with extended family
 
On my to do list:::
Laundry
Paying bills
Prep veggies for the week
 
What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
I am working on getting photos ready for photo books for the grandparents for their Christmas gifts
 
Homemaking Tips:::
One thing that is working for me is to make sure that every night before I go to bed, dishes are done and the tables (end tables, coffee table and kitchen tables) are all cleaned off. Makes for a less stressful morning.

Looking around the house:::
Jacob is watching cartoons. Benjamin is asleep on the floor. Dishes need to be put away. The mail is sitting here next to me to sort.

From the camera:::

 
On my prayer list:::
For my husband that he is able to get sleep this week. For my friend Sara, as she is going through chemotherapy for breast cancer that she find peace this week and healing from her treatments.
 
Bible verse, Devotional:::
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

1 comment:

  1. visiting from Sandra's blog:

    you posted one of my favorite bible verses :)
    what a cute baby you have - all your children, for that matter!

    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete