September Savings Challenge Week 1 wrapup
When Carla from My 1/2 Dozen Daily decided to offer up a September Savings Challenge I decided to sign up.
As I was thinking about what my goals should be this is what I came up with....
Use my paychecks to pay Rebecca's school tuition.
Be able to make at least double the minimum payment on credit card #1 (CC#1).
At the end of the month, take whatever is left over from my paychecks and put on CC#1.
Spend no more than $400 on food, $50 on diapers, and $25 on household supplies.
So now that week 1 is over and done with, the question is HOW DID I DO??
Use my paychecks to pay Rebecca's tuition
- I will use the paycheck on the 20th which will be more of a normal pay. The pay I got on the 5th was for only a few hours.
- Haven't gotten the bill yet. Hoping to make a double payment!
- End of the month not here yet!
- On food, we spent $132.41 this week partly because of throwing Benjamin's baptism party. So we have $267.59 left for the month
- We have spent $17 on diapers
- $25 on household supplies....This is a FAIL!!!! I did not take into account the paper goods for Ben's party (that was $20), ran out of Tide ($15), had to get 2 lawn chairs for Bill and Rebecca's soccer game ($18), and today as I am making out my list for the store tomorrow, we are out of trash bags.
- I also DID not take into account back to school expenses (pictures for school, pictures for soccer, etc.)
Here is to a good week 2!
To see how others are doing and to see Carla's week 1 recap you can go here.
Thank you Carla for bringing this on!