Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricane Sandy is going to be here in Central Ohio

Hurricane Sandy is creating HAVOC all over the eastern USA and even though I am no where near the coast, she is creating havoc here in Central Ohio too....This is the latest weather update from this morning for my county....

...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 4 PM
EDT TUESDAY...
 ...

* WINDS...NORTH BECOMING NORTHWEST 30 TO 40 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 70
MPH.

* TIMING...THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH EARLY TUESDAY AFTERNOON.

* IMPACTS...TREES AND UTILITY LINES WILL BE DOWNED. POWER AND
TRAVEL WILL BE INTERRUPTED IN SOME PLACES LATER TODAY INTO
TUESDAY. ROOF DAMAGE AND OTHER STRUCTURAL DAMAGE MAY OCCUR.
LOOSE OBJECTS WILL BE BLOWN AROUND. THE LONG DURATION OF THE
EVENT WILL LIKELY RESULT IN LOCALLY SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE.
 
Just lovely..... I went to the store on Saturday and got bottled water, bread, peanut butter, batteries. I am currently finishing laundry so I don't have to worry about that. I know where our blankets are. I have flashlights. I filled the car with gas. Hubby went out yesterday and bought a weather radio (since we don't have smart phones, and since back in June when we lost power for 5 days internet didn't work anyway for those who did have smartphones). Time to hunker down I suppose.
 
I hope that all who are in the path of Sandy stay safe. This is going to be a major storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment