Wednesday, November 7, 2012

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home--Day 3

photo credit

I am following along with Money Saving Mom on her "4 Weeks to a More Organized Home (Simplified)" series!

Basically each day (minus the week of Thanksgiving, starting Nov 5) she will post an assignment to help you get more organized that should only take 30 minutes or less to complete.

I have been thinking about doing a major declutter and organization of our home before Christmas so this is coming at the right time!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today is day 3.

Today's assignment and how I did:

::Get dressed in something that makes you feel great

::Sit down with a cup of coffee or tea, refer to your list of weekly goals, and make a list of no more than 5-7 specific things you want to accomplish today.

My goals for today:

Find all paperwork that goes with HEAP application
Read at least 1 book to each child
Get supplies together for MIL b-day present
Go snack shopping for work
Do at least 1 load of laundry

::Set the timer for 10 minutes and do a quick-clean of your bedroom: Do a quick clean-up, make your bed, and vacuum, if you have time.

My bedroom isn't too bad, but I cleaned off surfaces and made our bed. Looks much better now.

Before (from one angle)
After

Before (from another angle)
After (from another angle)

::Set your timer for 10 minutes and do a quick clean-out of your freezer. If you have a deep freeze, don’t worry about cleaning it out unless you have extra time today.

My freezers weren't too bad, as I did a grocery shop this weekend. So no pictures of them. In the interest of full disclosure... I did empty a box of waffles and threw the box away. That was about the extent of my freezer cleaning today!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you working on organizing and cleaning your home? How are you doing?

4 comments:

  1. You must keep up with your freezer pretty well! Your room looks great. I'm finding that these simple assignments are just the thing to keep me motivated to do the basics. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have become paranoid about our freezers since we lost a full freezer full of food over the summer during a week long power outage due to weather. I think that is motivation. :) I agree. I find that this is the push I need to get this stuff done.

      Delete