Monday, November 12, 2012

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home--- Day 6

photo credit

I am following along with Money Saving Mom on her "4 Weeks to a More Organized Home (Simplified)" series!

Basically each day (minus the week of Thanksgiving, starting Nov 5) she will post an assignment to help you get more organized that should only take 30 minutes or less to complete.

I have been thinking about doing a major declutter and organization of our home before Christmas so this is coming at the right time!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today is day 6.

Today's assignment and how I did:

::Get dressed in something that makes you feel great

Today's outfit is: jeans, dark red tank top, black sweater, cross necklace, black shoes and socks. :)
I find that I feel better about what I am wearing if I add a necklace to it.

::Sit down with a cup of coffee or tea and create a list of weekly goals.

MY WEEKLY GOALS:
  • Complete and mail off HEAP application
  • Pay remaining November bills
  • Farm Rich review and giveaway posted on blog
  • Read at least 1 marriage book
  • List at least 2 things on ebay
  • Read at least 1 book a day to each child

::Set the timer for 10 minutes and run through your home and quickly pick up everything that’s out of place and put it away.

DONE-- Thankully the house wasn't too bad, as Hubby helped me get it clean yesterday. :)

::Set the timer for 10 minutes and clean out the inside of your vehicle. Remove all trash and clutter. If you have time, use a vacuum attachment to vacuum all the seats and floors out.

I actually did this last thursday as Friday Hubby was traveling with a coworker to cover a tournament game. I didn't think that his coworker should be subjected to the craziness of having 3 kids and only 1 car, so I cleaned it out last Thursday! So was ahead of the game! :)

It feels so good to get little stuff like this done each day! I am so enjoying this series!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you working on organizing and cleaning your home? How are you doing?

1 comment:

  1. Do you have a list of the books you've read for your marriage this year somewhere?

    ReplyDelete