Monday, July 15, 2013

The Quarryman's Bride by Tracie Peterson (book review)

Quarryman's Bride, The (Land of Shining Water)

From the back cover:

Emmalyne Knox has always loved Tavin MacLachlan. But when tragedy strikes her family, Emmalyne's father declares she can no longer marry. Despite Tavin's pleas to defy the decision, Emmalyne refuses. In her act of obedience, she gives up the future she'd always dreamed of.

When Emmalyne's father returns to the quarry business years later, Tavin and Emmalyne meet again. And though circumstances have changed in both of their lives, they cannot deny the feelings that still exist. Can Emmalyne find a way to heal the decade-long wound that has fractured the two families...and change the hearts of those who stand in the way of true love?


My thoughts:

I have read and enjoyed several of Tracie Peterson’s books in the past, so I was looking forward to reading The Quarryman’s Bride. She did not disappoint.

The story follows the love between Emmalyne Knox and Tavin MacLachlan. Tragedy has caused their pending wedding to be cancelled and their lives are separated for several years. Years later they are reunited, but has their love prevailed, or has life happened to cause them to stay apart?

This story was well written and kept me interested thoughout. My heart was in this story from the very beginning to the end. I love that type of story that can keep you engaged and have your emotions help to carry you through the story. I felt for Emmalyne and understood her quandary about helping her parents as was custom while still staying true to her own heart. I felt for Tavin who was stolen away from his fiancee as custom made clear.

This is another must read from Tracie Peterson.

Disclaimer:  I recieved a copy of this book free from the publisher, Bethany House, in exchange for a honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment