Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Give Yourself a Raise by Gordon Bennett Bleil (review)

Give Yourself a Raise (front cover)

Give Yourself a Raise (back of book)

My thoughts:

Give Yourself a Raise by Gordon Bennett Bleil is a great basic financial advice book for everyone. This isn't necessarily a book for those who have millions of dollars, but it is perfect for the average Joe or Jane who just wants to have more money, less financial stress and more financial freedom in their budgets. And my thoughts are who doesn't?

I love how the book is set up into 2 parts...the first section being about what you can do to manage your money day to day. Bleil offers a financial freedom risk assessment quiz so that you can see where you are right now financially. He offers worksheets and graphs to show you how to make goals for your financial health and to forecast your financial future. He talks about managing your debt and getting your financial leaks under control.

The second section of the book, offers a greater understanding of the finance industry including government programs, credit scores, identity theft, and retirement and investing. I found this section to be informational in that it offered great explanations on a level that I could understand, rather than an explanation where you need a math masters degree to understand.

I liked Give Yourself a Raise. I feel that it is a great basic educational resource that I can use to help me take control of my family finances and hopefully make our finances a source of enjoyment rather than stress.

Disclaimer: I was sent this book from The Cadence Group in exchange for a honest review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment