Thursday, October 24, 2013

Not sure how I feel about this...

Last night I got a phone call from my mom….she wanted to know if I knew that the OB/GYN that delivered Benjamin was no longer working at the office that I had been seeing her at. I said no, that was news to me. My mother was talking to another mom who happens to see this particular gynecologist and she said that when she went in for her appt on Monday that the receptionist had to reschedule her because the doc was no longer practicing with them. After some investigating, it seems that she was asked to leave the practice after a recent c-section where the patient almost bled out. There was a similar incident last year involving this doctor, where she “forgot” to stitch up a uterus during a c-section. This was all news to me.

When I got off the phone with my mother, I googled the doctor and a couple of interesting things came up. The hospitals website just said that she had moved her practice elsewhere and you could schedule with one of the other 3 OB/GYNs. Then I found a business address for her at a gynecology practice and a separate one for a cancer clinic. This has to be the same doctor as her first and last names are very uncommon. Just seems strange to me.

The more that I think about it, the more I feel lucky that I had no complications with my c-section with Benjamin. As I was telling my husband about this, he said maybe she had to be more careful with my c-section because I had a lot of scar tissue from my c-section with Jacob. I don't know. I am just thankful it was uncomplicated.

This doctor was also the doctor that found the bladder cancer on an ultrasound that she had ordered for my mother, when she was having some issues with bleeding. So I feel like she has helped my family.

I don’t know. I always felt comfortable with her, but maybe I shouldn’t have. I just am not sure what to think. I guess I hope that what my friend found out is just gossip and that the doctor just found a different practice closer to where she lived to practice. I had good experiences with her so I will just think on that, and not what others might or might not have gone through.

No comments:

Post a Comment