Sunday, November 24, 2013

Gratitude Sunday #4

Over on facebook, many of my family and friends and people that I have been following are taking this month to share things that they are grateful for heading up to Thanksgiving.

I have decided to follow along but in my own way....here on my blog...

Life is so precious and I have been feeling overwhelmed with everything that is going on that often I am not taking the time to be grateful for what I do have and the good things in life.

Now is the time to change that.

I hope to come back here every Sunday and tell things that I am thankful for....one for each day of that week.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This week was an okay week.... the boys have been sick with head colds, but other than that things were okay. So onto what I am grateful for this week...

FOR NO TORNADOES--- On Sunday we had some pretty nasty storms come through. These were the same storms that brought many tornadoes to Illinois and Indians. Thankfully, even though we did have a tornado warning, we did not have any tornadoes and even the rain that we had wasn't as bad as it could have been.

FOR LISTS--- I have to make lists when I go to the store, or when I want to get certain things done or they do not get done. 

FOR THE HEALTH OF MY PARENTS--- One of my coworkers mother-in-law has been put on a ventilator and she has had a really rough week with many ups and downs with her health. I am grateful that my parents are currently in good health and that my Mom's bladder cancer is currently in remission.

FOR THE KIDS AT WORK--- I work in an after school care program where our kids range in age from 3- 13. All of the kids are funny and lovable in their own unique way and they entertain me daily.

FOR NEW RECIPES--- I tried 2 new recipes this week...mini pumpkin muffins and Chocolate lasagna...and both turned out FABULOUS!!! ( I hope to share the recipes next week)

FOR MY HUSBAND MAKING DINNER THIS WEEK--- most nights this past week, Hubby has made dinner so that it is ready and hot when Rebecca and I get home. That really helps me not feel rushed and overworked when I get home. 

FOR CLEAN LAUNDRY---I am grateful that I have been able to keep up with clean laundry, so that my daughter can wear her favorite shirt!

So there you have it. Another week of finding things to be grateful. Even the smallest of things can make a big difference. 

What are you grateful for today? 

1 comment:

  1. These are some great things to be thankful for! I'm really grateful for the weekend right now - that we can stay home and hibernate until we feel better...

    ReplyDelete