Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween was different this year....

During a normal year, on Halloween, we take the kids who are not in school to our daughter's school to watch the school's Halloween parade after lunch. Then after work, Bill meets me at school with the boys dressed up and we all go trick or treating as a family. Then we go get Wendy's for dinner and come home and eat dinner and discuss favorite costumes, etc. Then we watch "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." Then the kids go to bed. That is the norm.

Well, with Jacob having pneumonia, and with the weather supposed to be pouring down rain and high winds, I knew that this Halloween would definitely be different.

Bill and I kind of split the duties...

He went to Rebecca's school parade and took some pictures of her, while I stayed home with the boys. For the first time in 3 years, they were able to have the parade outside. As soon as the kids went back inside for their Halloween parties, it started to rain.



During the afternoon, many communities in our area started postponing trick or treating for this weekend since the weather was getting nastier by the minute. But not our community.  We talked about going on Sunday instead to the community where my parents live as they rescheduled theirs for Sunday, but I really didn't want to do that. When I left to go to work, I still wasn't sure what I wanted to do.

Well, when I got off of work, I decided that it wasn't raining that hard so I would take Rebecca trick or treating for a little bit. We went to about half the number of houses that we normally go to...but that was okay. I gave Rebecca the choice and that is what she wanted to do. She was having fun, but she also knew that it was rainy and cold.



After we left trick or treating, I did go get everyone Wendy's for dinner...and the kids got a toy where you stuff this spring toy in a jar and when you push the button it pops out and across the room. Benjamin laughed so hard at it that he was almost crying. It was hilarious.





After dinner, we did watch "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." and all 3 kids liked it. Bill did not get to watch all of it, as he had to fix our toilet, after Jacob flushed his underwear down the toilet then came screaming out of the bathroom. He has never done anything like that before, and I don't think he will do it again. Thankfully, Bill was able to snake it out.

Late last night I was awoken by heavy rain and wind (around 1am or so) and Bill was up watching the radar as there was a tornado warning just south of us. Thankfully we just got some rain and wind...and the kids slept through it all!

So that was our very different Halloween for 2013. It was definitely different from the norm.

Did you have a good Halloween?

1 comment:

  1. Ours was totally wet, but thankfully no tornado warnings. Yikes! We had a party and 12 kids tore up my house. I am trying to look too closely at things today. :) Yours sounds like a wonderful day of being flexible and together; 2 extremely important things when one has kids. :)

    ReplyDelete