Sunday, August 17, 2014

Date night and weekend randomness

Ever have one of those days were you feel like you are running around in circles but never really getting any where. That was me on Saturday. Rebecca was supposed to have softball practice, but it got cancelled at the last minute (10 minutes before she was supposed to be there) so that kind of threw my day off. I did get some exercise on the wii in which was good. Then the afternoon was filled in with getting all 3 kids bathed while Bill was gone for work. And I had to get myself and Rebecca ready to leave by 4:10 as there was open house for Rebecca and back to school mass as well. I had to work open house for my job, so I took Rebecca and Bill stayed home with the boys. After I got back home, Bill decided that he was going to be in charge of our date night.



For our date night, Bill decided that he would be in charge of dinner for us. He fed the kids before Rebecca and I got back home....When I came home, he said he had to go get our dinner. He ordered us subs from a local pizza place, that is actually right across the street from where we live. He ordered me my favorite sub from there...the BLT sub! It was yummy.

After we got the kids to bed, we sat down to watch a movie and to have some french silk ice cream. I opened a new account at our local Family Video store and since I get half price rentals for a month, I went over and decided to rent:


I will have to say that Bill and I both enjoyed this movie. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it looked like the most interesting movie that the video store had to rent. I was pleasantly surprised and would highly recommend it.

Today, I think we are just doing a lazy day at home for me and the kids. Bill has a bunch of writing to do for work. I need to make a run to the library to see if they have any Disney Nature movies for the kids to watch. And I need to get some laundry done, as well as some cleaning and getting ready for back to school, which for us is Wednesday.

Have you done anything fun this weekend? What are your plans today? 

2 comments:

  1. How nice that hubby can take over once in a while :) I've seen that movie and really enjoyed it too. Today I spent time with 2 girlfriends - one had moved to a new house while I was in PEI so it was great to see her in her new digs. Thankfully it was nice weather (for a change) and we sat outside in her nice yard. A lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I let him be in charge a couple times a year! LOL I thought that movie was really good, however it did put hubby into kind of a depressed state because he wants to travel and do things and we just can't. Glad you had a lovely day!

      Delete