Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Healing Quilt by Wanda E. Brunstetter (review)


Book description: 
Emma and Lamar Miller retreat to an Amish settlement in Florida for the winter as they lead another quilting class with a new group of unlikely students. Class members discover friendship, faith, healing, and perhaps a little romance while getting to know each other over their quilting projects.

My thoughts: 
The Healing Quilt, by Wanda E. Brunstetter,  is actually book number 3 in the "Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club" series, so I thought I might have a hard time following along as I have not read the first 2. However, that was not the case. This is a great stand alone story. There were probably references I would have gotten (such as some of the relationships like Jan and Star's relationship, etc.) if I had read the first 2 but it did not take away from the story. I will admit that I loved this story. It was so real. The characters were struggling with everyday life issues that we all have had or have known someone who has had...job loss, pregnancy, being a widow, health scares, etc. Emma and Lamar are the joining and often calming factors with all the different relationships that are going on. I love that Ms. Brunstetter focused everyone around Emma and Lamar, but also let us into the other's personal thinking. The story itself is one of many different trials and tribulations all centering on letting God be in your life and finding peace and healing with your own situation. I will admit that this book made me laugh and cry and that to me is a sign of a good read. I look forward to reading others in this series. 

Disclaimer: This book was provided free of charge by the publisher and Handlebar Marketing in exchange for a review. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment