Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Blogmas 2014: Day 2: What Christmas Means to Me


Christmas to me means so many things. But when it comes down to it, Christmas to me means LOVE.

Christmas, first and foremost, should be a remembrance of the birth of Jesus, who was sent by God as an act of LOVE to his creation. "God so loved the world" began with the birth of Jesus and the acceptance and LOVE of Mary for God that she allowed Jesus to be born.

Christmas growing up was full of love of family and friends, even in the leanest times. I never felt any of the hard times that I grew up in because I felt the LOVE of family. I know now how lean times were some years when I was growing up. But I don't remember the toys we got, I remember the feelings of LOVE of seeing my grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins.

Now, I am trying to impart these feelings of LOVE among my own family. I tell my kids that we show LOVE at Christmastime and all times, by doing things for other people even if we might not want to. We show LOVE by doing little gestures, whether it is helping to clean off ice from windshields, or baking cookies for your elderly neighbor.

So for me, Christmas means LOVE!  

1 comment:

  1. I so enjoyed your post, and yes, it's definitely about LOVE :)

    ReplyDelete