Friday, April 17, 2015

Take me out to the spring musical!

For the past several weeks, I have been hearing renditions of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" being sung at home by Rebecca in anticipation of her school's spring mini-musical show.

Every year, in the Spring, the Kindergarten through 3rd graders learn songs that they sing along with a "story." The Fourth graders learn to play recorders and the Fifth graders learn to play drums. They then put on a performance in the afternoon for parents, grandparents, etc. Today was the day for this year's mini-musical performances. 




This year's theme was "Baseball." Rebecca's class recited the poem "Casey at the Bat" and did a great job. 




 I was not able to see all of the performance as Benjamin was being too loud to stay in the gym and I had to take him out, but the part that I did see I enjoyed and Rebecca did a great job. 

After the mini-musicals, they had a mini art show set up that displayed the K-5th grade art works from this year and Rebecca had a piece displayed--her self portrait.


I am so proud of her.  It was a fun afternoon.

1 comment: