Friday, December 11, 2015

Ear infection, Ben's field trip, and getting ready for Christmas

Seriously, will this cold virus that is in our house just leave!!! Please. That is all that I ask.

Wednesday found me in the Urgent Care center as I had awoken at 1 AM overnight with a throbbing right ear. Great. Thankfully the kids had a planned 2 hour delay and did not have to be at school until 11. So, the kids and I dropped Ben off at school at 8 and headed to the Urgent Care center where I was the second patient seen. Diagnosis... Ear infection. I am on an antibiotic for the next 10 days. The throbbing is gone, but now it feels like it is full of fluid. Annoying, but I will deal.

Today, Benjamin's class went on a field trip to a local nursing home to sing Christmas songs. I did not attend this field trip, but his aide said that Ben made her cry. Apparently he was going up to the residents and laying his head in their laps and giving them big smiles. She said that several of the residents, who are all Alzheimer's patients, said that he was such a sweet boy. And that a couple who were non-verbal just had big smiles on their faces when he gave them a hug. There is something truly unique about that boy.

I have been frantically getting ready for Christmas. All gifts are bought or ordered. I am hoping that the ones I ordered yesterday arrive on time. I haven't wrapped any of them, but that is okay..it will get done. The house has been decorated inside and out. The kids are having fun watching Christmas specials. I have been listening to Christmas music. I still need to address and mail out Christmas cards; I have them, now I just need to address them. The only complaint is that it is warm here...was in the 60s today. To me this is not Christmas weather. Oh well...I am sure we will make up for it in January and February.

Things are going okay. I just haven't had the energy to write on the blog. Between running around, working, getting everything done for the kids, and being sick, I just haven't had the energy to sit down and write. Hopefully, though that will change now that I am going to consciously try to stay home over the next week to get cleaning and stuff done.

What about you? 
Are you ready for Christmas? 
Have you been sick? 
What's the weather like where you are? 

Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment