Monday, January 11, 2016

What are we eating this week?



One of the things that I want to do in 2016 is to plan our dinner menus weekly and post them here for accountability.Breakfasts are usually yogurt and fruit or cereal and fruit for the kids and Bill and I find whatever we are in the mood for. Lunch is usually something quick for Benjamin (chicken nuggets, corn dog, PB and J) with fruit and leftovers for Bill and I. During the school year, Rebecca and Jacob get free lunch at their school. That leaves dinner for the family....

I started menu planning last week and I will say that with a few exceptions, it worked!

Here is how we did last week:

MONDAY:::  Chili and grilled cheese sandwiches-- We ended up having the fish, rice and broccoli, that was planned for Tuesday, this night as I had to tutor late.

TUESDAY::: Fish, rice and broccoli-- We had the chili and grilled cheese from Monday. I wasn't feeling all that well, but hubby helped make the grilled cheese.

WEDNESDAY::: Hot dogs on buns with chili sauce and baked beans-- YEP (minus the chili sauce)

THURSDAY::: Hamburger helper and peas-- YES

FRIDAY::: Frozen pizza and fruit salad-- YES (the fruit salad ended up being blueberries that were on sale at our store)

SATURDAY::: BBQ Chicken (in the crockpot) sandwiches, green beans, and corn-- This ended up being bbq pork sandwiches as I didn't get up in time to put the chicken in the crockpot. The pork came from the freezer though so it is still a win in my book.

SUNDAY::: Macaroni and cheese for the kids. Date night for hubby and I.--kids had mac and cheese and applesauce. Hubby and I were going to use a gift card for Jake's restaurant, but the snowy weather meant neither of us wanted to drive to get food, so we ordered subs from the pizza place across the street and Bill went to get them! 

So overall, a great week of menu planning. We moved 2 dinners around and I did switch up the meat for one meal with something else from the freezer, but I still had a plan! Made our otherwise crazy week, go a little smoother.

NOW ON TO THIS WEEK::::

What will we be eating???

MONDAY::: Meatloaf, green beans, augratin potatoes

TUESDAY::: Waffles, sausage, and fruit

WEDNESDAY::: Crockpot orange chicken (new recipe) and rice and green beans

THURSDAY::: Cheese quesadillas, corn, carrots

FRIDAY::: Pizza rolls and fruit

SATURDAY::: Chicken patties/chicken wings ??? (Bill is home with the boys, as I have a lock-in to attend with Rebecca-- so this is the plan, unless he decides to order pizza or something)

SUNDAY::: Lasagna and garlic bread

I tend to make our menus out on Sunday night to go from Monday to Sunday. I usually go to the grocery store one day during the week (usually Wednesday but sometimes another day). I have everything I need for this menu, except for garlic bread for Sunday. 

Hopefully, I will be able to stick to this plan and can report back success next week! 

Do you menu plan? 
Do you have a favorite dinner to share? 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment