Thursday, May 12, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

Mother's Day 2016 is in the books and I have to say it was a very relaxing weekend and just what this momma needed. 

Sunday morning, I was treated to breakfast in bed by Bill and Rebecca. It was a very yummy breakfast of eggs, toast, bacon and orange juice. All the kids came in to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. 



I got some wonderful gifts from Bill and the kids. Bill actually gave me my gift several weeks ago. He is going to take me to see Kenny Rogers later in the Summer! I love country music and am a Kenny Rogers fan, so it should be a fun show. 

I also got homemade cards, a new nightshirt that says I love the beach, chocolates, and 2 candles (one smells like the beach and one smells like the forest). I was spoiled! 




We ended up stopping at Wendy's for lunch before heading to my parent's house for a Mother's Day cookout. It has kind of become an annual tradition. 



The cookout was fun. My brother, his wife, and my niece and nephews came over. My youngest brother was there with his girlfriend. Only my sister was missing, as she had to stay at college to study for her finals this week.





We had yummy food, yummy drinks, and great conversations. The kids had a blast playing with their cousins and uncle. Rebecca even got to plant a dogwood sapling that she got at school. We also saw a baby bird in a nest near my parent's back door that was trying to fly.








Overall, it was a very wonderful Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. That is the way a Mother's Day celebration should be, with family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day, and it looks like the weather was good too!

    ReplyDelete