Thursday, May 5, 2016

Sausage and pepper skillet and Q and U wedding attire

As most of you know, Bill and I moved our kids out of the Catholic school they were attending and are choosing to enroll them into our public school district. Well I have been pleasantly surprised by how smooth the transition has been and what great years the kids have had. I have been especially impressed with the willingness of Jacob's Kindergarten teacher to work with us through his issues and problems. I have also been impressed with her originality. For example, yesterday they were working on the spelling words like queen, and quiet, etc. So they had a wedding for Q and U. Q and U got married and the kids were asked to come to school dressed like they were going to a wedding. Jacob wanted to wear his fancy dress up clothes, so he did (with his tennis shoes as he has no dress shoes!). He looked so grown up! 


___________________________________________________________________
 
Also the other day when I posted my menu plan, Carol in CT asked that I post my sausage and peppers recipe so here it is....I originally found the recipe I think on the Johnsonville sausage website, but I have tweaked it a little over the years and so can make it from scratch at this point. If you decide to make it, I hope you enjoy it! 

Italian Sausage and Peppers over pasta



1 package Italian sausage, cooked and sliced into coins
1 red pepper sliced
1 green pepper sliced
1 orange or yellow pepper sliced
1 onion sliced
olive oil
2 cloves garlic
2 cans (14.5oz) Italian diced tomatoes 
penne pasta

Cook the Italian sausage and slice into coins.
Cook pasta according to directions. 
While pasta is cooking: In pan, heat oil
Add garlic, peppers and onions. 
Saute for about 5 minutes or so, until tender crisp.
Add tomatoes and italian sausage to pepper mix. 
Heat until warm. 
Serve over penne pasta or your favorite small pasta shape. 
Enjoy!  
 ______________________________________________________________________

Hope everyone has a fabulous day! 
           

No comments:

Post a Comment