Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Fun and fireworks

I hope everyone had a lovely 4th of July. We were supposed to have heavy rain all day, but other than a few very light sprinkles we didn't get any rain. 

We went to a friend's house for a cookout and so the kids could play together. We had some yummy food and great conversation. The kids were crazy and got really dirty but it was fun to see them running around just having fun. 




The original plan was to come back to our town for the fireworks display around 10, but before I knew it, it was close to 9:15 and our friends invited us to head to the town closest to them to see the fireworks.








We were incredibly lucky in that there was parking right outside the park where the fireworks were being let off. The boys LOVED the fireworks. Benjamin was startled when the first one went off, but then he realized that they weren't going to hurt him and he enjoyed them. Benjamin only put his hands over his ears during the first part of the grand finale. Jacob sat snuggled next to my friend for the most part. 



It was a really nice way to celebrate being free in our country and enjoying the friendships that make life that much more special. 

4 comments:

  1. Filthy kids and the 4th seem to go together. I'm glad that you had such a wonderful day and evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do seem to go together don't they? LOL My friend and I each had a moment on the fourth where we just looked at each other and said it is so nice just to sit and enjoy the day.

      Delete
  2. When you wrote the word filthy all I could think was that they are doing what kids and holidays are supposed to do! Glad your day was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is what they should be doing. I know certain people in my extended family who would cringe if they saw how dirty the kids got, but I say it is kids being kids. :)

      Delete