To do list for this weekend!
One of the benefits of having my surgery and the recovery is that I have more energy now than I have had in probably over a year! So I am trying to put it to good use by cleaning and decluttering the house before the holiday season starts. Yesterday I cleaned off the mantle, the top of my computer armoire and a small closet that held kids VHS tapes and games that had become a nightmare of a mess. Just in those areas I got 3 bags of trash (mostly old VHS tapes), a bag and a box for Goodwill, and a couple of things to sell on facebook walls. Those areas make me so happy right now. I am also trying to get the downstairs cleaned up as we are having a birthday get together for Jacob's birthday next weekend so if I can get everything deep cleaned for that I will be one happy lady.
I still have a ton more I want to do this weekend and throughout next week, so let's get to my to-do list for cleaning and decluttering the downstairs....
- deep clean downstairs bathroom (including dusting, cleaning toilet and sink, sweeping and mopping floor)
- Deep clean the living room
- dust ceiling
- clean out from under couch and loveseat
- clean out and vacuum rug under the recliner
- redo mantel area for Halloween
- sort toys and books in kids' corner
- get things of floor near the bottom of the steps (this includes bag that I took to hospital that never got taken back upstairs)
- clean, organize and dust TV stand
- sweep floor
- Declutter desk area
- Straighten up dining room
- Clean off shelves that are in between dining room and living room
- Dust ceiling fans in dining room, living room and mud room
- Clean off porch (including sweeping and wiping down table and chairs)
- Mop kitchen, dining room and living room
- Wipe down walls
- laundry- I have 2 loads to do.
- Cut boys' hair
- cut all kids' fingernails and toenails
- Kids have a birthday party to go to
- Menu plan for next week and for Jacob's party
- hopefully have pickups of facebook selling items
- Pay bills and balance checkbook
- Make an apple pie from scratch with Rebecca
- Process the last of the apples and make applesauce for freezer
- Take a load of stuff to Goodwill
What are your plans for this weekend?