Monday, November 14, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday (11/14/2016)

Happy Monday! Here we are almost half way through the month! Thanksgiving is next week...eek... and before we know it Christmas will be here...double eek!... 

Things have been just okay around here. This past week was a bad one...the election results turned my husband's world upside down as it did for many others. Both my husband and I have been fighting these head colds (I think mine is finally getting better...). Bill has been working a lot of hours at work and that makes it hard. 

But there have been good things though as well--- like Jacob got to start wrestling and Rebecca decided that her basketball evaluations were fun. It is all the ebb and flow of our life! 

Thankfully, yesterday we were able to just hang around the house; Bill got to watch football all day and I just puttered around while the kids played games most of the day. 

Now it is Monday and time to get on with our Happy Homemaker Monday (hosted by our friend Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom).


THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:::

Fall is definitely here. We wake up to frost on the windows and temperatures in the high 20s/low 30s. Then it warms up to the mid/high 50s. Today it is supposed to be 59 degrees and sunny. I will take it as I love this kind of weather

ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:::

Today I had a banana, 2 white chocolate covered oreos and a bottle of water.
  
AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:::

I see leaves, leaves and more leaves. I also thankfully don't see any political signs. The last couple of nights, I have enjoyed watching the moon rise as it is a "supermoon." I can watch it rise out of my kitchen window as I am cleaning up from dinner. 


RIGHT NOW I AM:::

Typing up this post, listening to "Mythbusters: Star Wars Spectactular" special on the TV. Benjamin has become obsessed with Star Wars and loves this show. 
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:::

There is some cleaning to be done in the living room. There are odds and ends on the coffee table and Benjamin has various things out on the dining table. The kitchen itself isn't too bad. I just need to put a few things away. I still have not touched the upstairs, but that is on my to-do list for this week. 

ON TODAY'S TO-DO LIST:::
  • Clean the upstairs bathrooms
  • Laundry (At least 1 load)
  • Collect trash from around the house and take to curb
  • Decide on plan for Christmas cards
HAPPENING THIS WEEK::
Monday: get housework done, Ben has speech and OT.
Tuesday: work on Rebecca's bedroom. Tutoring. Jacob wrestling. Rebecca AHG meeting.

Wednesday: work on Rebecca's bedroom. Tutoring.
Thursday: Tutoring. Jacob has wrestling.
Friday: Grocery store for Thanksgiving week.
Saturday:
Sunday:

CURRENTLY READING:::

Nothing at the moment. I finished "The Cottage" over the weekend, so look for that review coming up later this week.

ON THE TV :::

Sports. I am looking forward to watching the new "Counting On" episode on Tuesday that will feature Jinger Duggar's wedding.

ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:::

Monday::  Spaghetti and homemade garlic bread
Tuesday::  mini corn dogs, french fries, and pineapple
Wednesday:: Chili and grilled cheese

Thursday:: Ham slices, corn, green beans and applesauce

Friday:: pizza and fruit
Saturday:: ???

Sunday:: ???

WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:::

I have an idea for the kids' annual Christmas ornament that they get from St. Nick, but need to get working on those. I also need to create and order our 2016 Christmas cards.

NEW RECIPE I TRIED OR WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:::

I made buckeyes yesterday for a special treat. I will definitely be making them again.

FAVORITE PHOTO FROM THE CAMERA:::

PRAYERS, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE, OR DEVOTIONAL:::


So there you have it, a little peek into my life on this Fall Monday! Hope everyone has a great day and remember to get out and vote tomorrow!




    


8 comments:

  1. Can you share your buckeye recipe? I've always wanted to try them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping to get the recipe up later this week :)

      Delete
  2. Your menu looks so good, yum! I like your quote for today, it's certainly a good one to keep in mind :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. The quotes are actually hanging in my living room.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a busy week. I did my Thanksgiving shopping today and am so relieved to have it done!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it seems like my weeks just get busier and busier. Hope you have a great week as well!

      Delete