Friday, December 9, 2016

Holiday creations (both edible and inedible)

The last few days I have woken up feeling stressed and my back has been killing me. I am not sure why. Usually when I feel stressed if I can be creative, it helps my stress level. This time of the year is perfect for being creative and believe me there has been no lack of creating in my house this week.

Early in the week, Ben and I took out all of his wooden train tracks and we built a huge train track for his "choo-choos" in our living room. He LOVED it and I will admit it was fun creating it with him. On Tuesday, he kept pulling the picture of it up on my phone and showing everyone and saying "Mommy and me built this."

 
Rebecca and Jacob got in on the creating as they had to create a Holiday sock for school as part of a school wide project. They had to take any sock and decorate it to represent any holiday that they are celebrating this month. I took a pair of Bill's socks and gave each kid one. I went to Dollar Tree and bought stickers, bows, glue gel pens for them to use. They had a blast creating them and I think they turned out really cute. 



As for me, I have also been in the mood to bake the last few days. So yesterday, as Jacob was home sick, I made a batch of chocolate chocolate pudding m&m cookies. It was a new to me recipe, that I am still trying to decide if I will make again. The cookies are good, (Bill and the kids loved them) but I had to bake them for twice as long as the recipe called for and I just am not sure about them yet. 



I also made up a batch of peanut butter kiss cookies last night after the kids were in bed. Bill said he knew I was stressed because I was baking! LOL

I have several other things that I would like to make this holiday season and I may make some this weekend as we are supposed to get a bunch of snow on Sunday. But I thwarted that plan by going to buy a new shovel and ice melt today, so we shouldn't get snow on Sunday then, right? LOL 


Well, now I am off to do laundry and get a few things done before I have to get the kids from school. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday!  

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of your son and his train tracks! How adorable! And, it sounds like you two made a great memory in the process! =)
    I too am a baker when stressed out....We joke around that I am acting "like Muriel" from an episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog where she gets overstressed and cooks a million things in her kitchen! haha
    Anyway, I hope your stress level abates very very soon! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find just getting really BUSY helps with stress - like cleaning the whole house! It's snowing here as i type!

    ReplyDelete