- eat a salad for lunch at least 5 days out of the week
- eat dinner with the family
- eat breakfast each morning
- NO pop during the week (limit 1 per weekend day)
- exercise at least 15 minutes every day
In order to keep me accountable, I am hoping to come back each Wednesday to share my weigh in and my successes and failures from the previous week. So let's hop to it, shall we?
My official starting weight as of January 1, 2017 was: 242.0 pounds!
This is the highest weight that I have had in a while. I can only blame myself due to inactivity after my surgery and resorting to eating lots of chocolate and sweets to keep my energy levels up during the holiday season. It is what it is and I know that I need to make some changes.
I have kept to my promises so far, well except for the eating salads. I am definitely adding more vegetables in with my lunch which is really the goal. I have eaten dinner with the family each night, instead of not eating what they are eating and then eating junk later. I have also eaten breakfast each morning, which is huge for me. I am also drinking way more water than I normally would, having given up pop on the weekdays.
On the exercise front, I have been able to exercise every day!
- Sunday: I walked 2.75 miles around our neighborhood.
- Monday: I did a 1.46 mile walk on the path with the family.
- Tuesday: It was raining so I did a 2 mile walking workout on a dvd.
- Wednesday (Today): I did a 2 mile walking workout on a dvd again.
So I am currently on the right track. Just need to keep the motivation going.
Anyone else trying to lose weight in 2017?