- eat a salad for lunch at least 5 days out of the week
- eat dinner with the family
- eat breakfast each morning
- NO pop during the week (limit 1 per weekend day)
- exercise at least 15 minutes every day
In order to keep me accountable, I am hoping to come back each Wednesday to share my weigh in and my successes and failures from the previous week. So let's hop to it and see how I did this past week, shall we?
SO HOW DID THIS WEEK GO???
My official starting weight (on 1/1/2017) was: 242.0 pounds!
My weight last week was: 242.0 pounds.
My weight this week is: 238.6 pounds.
DOWN 3.4 pounds!! :-) :-)
I obviously am very happy with these results. I had some good moments and some bad moments this past week. Let's start off with the bad. On Thursday, I was seriously craving chocolate and carbs so I made some brownies and I ate more of them than anyone else. Also on Saturday night, we had date night including ice cream, although I only ate half of it, whereas before I would have eaten the whole thing.
I am doing better with my diet and there were some good moments. I didn't eat 5 salads last week, but I am adding in more vegetables especially at lunch time-- my favorites right now being to add fresh spinach and cherry tomatoes to my scrambled eggs. YUMMY! I have eaten breakfast every morning, except for Sunday when I still have to figure out a time table before church. I have eaten dinner with the family every night! And I have only had one pop and that was on Sunday night with dinner, and even then I only drank half of it. I have been drinking mostly flavored water.
- Wednesday: I did a 2 mile Leslie Sansone walking DVD for 35 minutes total
- Thursday: I did a 36 minute workout on the Wii Fit Plus program (I managed to pull a muscle in my calf that really hurt doing this)
- Friday: I took the day off as my leg was really hurting and I didn't want to risk hurting it even more.
- Saturday: I did a 3 mile walking dvd that took 49 minutes. I was able to borrow this one from my local library.
- Sunday: I did a 36 minute Wii Fit Plus workout.
- Monday: The temperature was a tad above 1-- it was like 11 degrees, so I headed outside and did 1.86 mile walk (took 36 minutes) in the cold.
- Tuesday: We woke up to a little ice storm that had rolled in, so school was closed for the kids and it was way too icy to get outside to walk. I ended up doing 46 minutes on the Wii Fit Plus. I will take it.
So I am currently on the right track. It feels different this time. I know I will have good days and bad days. I just need to try to make the healthier choices 80-90% of the time and the rest will hopefully fall into place.
If you are trying to lose weight in 2017, how is your process going?