Friday, February 3, 2017

February Decluttering Project(s): Desk area and the Master Bedroom

One of my goals for 2017 is to give our home a deep decluttering. As I mentioned in my New Year's Goals post,  I want to take a room a month and really give it a good cleaning and decluttering. In January, I chose my nemesis-- the room/closet off of the bathroom. And I am pleased to say that I was able to declutter it completely!

Now it is on to February. What room to do next??

After giving it much thought, I decided to work on our master bedroom. What better thing to do for my husband, whom I love with all my heart, than to give him, and us, a place to truly relax in at the end of the day instead of being faced with laundry piles, miscellaneous stuff that has been stashed in our room, etc.


That being said, I wasn't able to really do much of anything in our bedroom this week. It has been a bad week, with no energy and just feeling off. I am hoping to get some time this weekend to work on it. It seriously needs it!

HOWEVER, this week wasn't a complete loss. I decided to tackle the desk area, as I need to get taxes done and I needed to make sure that all of my papers were together.


So I spent an evening cleaning that area and decluttering it. I got rid of a large box of papers and just trash (junk mail, etc.) that had been piled by my desk. It is great to see it clean and neat. Now I can figure out our tax stuff....


So there you have it. The first few days of February have been okay with my decluttering mission. I was able to get a smaller project done. Now to focus on our bedroom. Hopefully, next week there will be a more impactful recap.

If you are decluttering in 2017, how are you doing with it?





2 comments:

  1. I'm one of those people who HAS to make the bed each morning. It's something I do for myself because at the end of the day, getting into a nicely made made feels so nice. I read an article that said if you can make the bed each morning, you have accomplished your first task which sets the tone for the rest of the day. Here is the link: http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/how-making-your-bed-every-morning-can-improve-your-life.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is good advice and I typically do make the bed each day. That is the one thing that does get done.

      Delete