Monday, February 13, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday (2/13/2017)

Happy Monday afternoon! I hope everyone had a good weekend. We had a fairly good one here. Saturday, Rebecca had basketball and a birthday party to attend. We also had some running around to do. We were supposed to have friends over for dinner, but they are all sick so we decided to postpone. Sunday, we had to go to the early mass as Jacob had a small part. After coming home, we just hung around the house and did a few things. I got some more decluttering done in our bedroom!  

Now we are back to another beginning of another week. It has been a busy morning, thus the lateness of posting this. (I like to post things first thing in the morning, but not today!). Ben and I have taken kids to school, took a dvd back to Walmart, stopped at Lowes for more mouse traps, had an IEP meeting for Ben, got lunch, took Ben to speech and now back home. In about 45 minutes I have to head out to tutor....At least the sun is shining, which does wonders for giving me energy.  For now, I will be joining in with the lovely Sandra over at "Diary of a Stay at Home Mom" in her Happy Homemaker Monday meme. So let's get started: 


THE WEATHER:::
Today the sun is out (YAY!) and it is supposed to be in the low 40s after being in the 60s this weekend. Looks like this week is supposed to be temperatures in the 30s and 40s all week.

ON MY READING PILE:::
Honestly, I haven't had the energy to do much reading the last week or so. I do need to get reading my review book though, so this week I will be reading In a Different Key....








ON MY TV:::

On Friday nights, we typically do pizza and a movie for the kids. This year I would like to try to remember what movies we have watched, so I will be recapping here. This past Friday night, I used a $1 rental for any movie from Family Video and rented Trolls. It was a cute movie, not necessarily one that I have to get for our dvd collection so that we can watch it a ton of times, but it was cute.




Now that the NFL season is over, we typically have on college basketball or the NBA. If Ben gets to choose, then it is Lego Star Wars.

ON THE MENU FOR THIS WEEK:::
MONDAY: fish sticks, fish filets, green beans, baked potatoes
TUESDAY: meatball sliders, salad, strawberries
WEDNESDAY: Cajun chicken, chicken rice, and peas
THURSDAY: cheeseburgers and French fries
FRIDAY: Pizza sticks, salad, and fruit
SATURDAY: Pancakes, bacon, fruit
SUNDAY: Chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes

ON MY TO-DO LIST:::
Monday: take kids to school, Ben IEP meeting, Ben speech, tutor, laundry (at least 2 loads), trash and recycling to curb
Tuesday: kids to school, grocery store for buns, Ben's class Valentine's Day party, tutor
Wednesday: kids to school,  Aldi grocery trip, tutor
Thursday: kids to school, tutor, work out to dvd, Rebecca has basketball.
Friday: kids to school,
Saturday: Rebecca has a basketball game, walk
Sunday: PSR, church
And each day has the daily housework that needs to be done.

LOOKING AROUND THE HOUSE:::
It isn't too bad. There are things out here and there, but overall it isn't too bad.
  

FROM THE CAMERA:::
I made chocolate lasagna last night for a special Valentine's Day treat for the kiddos and Bill. It is really yummy!




WHAT I'M WEARING TODAY:::
I have on jeans, a beige/ brown cowl neck sweater and brown knee high boots. (Just realized this is the same thing I wore the last 2  Mondays in a row, LOL)
 
SIMPLE PLEASURE:::
Sunshine. Enough said.


DEVOTIONAL OR QUOTE:::



So there you have it. A little peek into my life on this Monday afternoon. Hope everyone has had a great day, a wonderful Valentine's Day and let's see what this week will bring! 
 

1 comment:

  1. You had a busy week! My youngest daughter has an IEP and is in speech therapy as well. The chocolate lasagna looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete