Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Weigh In Wednesday #12 of 2017

So one of my 2017 goals is to lose 40 pounds by the end of the year. This is a necessity for me, as in the last few months I have gained 15 pounds. That is not good. I want to be healthier and feel better about myself. 

In order to keep me accountable, I am hoping to come back each Wednesday to share my weigh in and my successes and failures from the previous week. So let's hop to it and see how I did this past week, shall we?


SO HOW DID THIS WEEK GO??? 
My official starting weight (on 1/1/2017) was: 242.0 pounds!
My weight last week was: 238.2 pounds.
My weight this week is: 235.4 pounds. 
So a loss of 2.8 pounds! :-)
Total loss from 1/1/17: 6.6 pounds 

After gaining weight last week, I just decided to take a step back and not focus on my weight for the week and instead put my focus elsewhere and to see what would happen. Well, I lost 2.8 pounds. I get so caught up in the "I can't eat this" or "I can't have that" that I tend to binge or overeat, especially on the chocolate or sweet stuff. Last week, I just said whatever and you know what happened. I really didn't want a lot of extra snacks or things. So I need to not put so much emphasis on the diet part and just focus on eating better and not having the chocolate stuff in the house seems to help as well!

If you are trying to lose weight in 2017, how is your progress going?

3 comments:

  1. I get a little obsessive so I can't focus on the input. Which only leave the output for me to focus on. I try to exercise and keep moving. Not to be crude here but I do try to focus on eating a high fiber diet so I do have regular output.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Awesome job! So glad you are back on track! And, I agree that sometimes the best thing to do is to no obsess over what you "can't" have. =)

    ReplyDelete