Monday, April 17, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday (4/17/2017)

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend. We had a wonderful day yesterday at home in the morning with just us and then heading out to my parents' house for our family gathering. It was a very good way to spend Easter.

For today, I am having a hard time getting back into the mode of normal life. Today is my kids' last day of Spring Break but I am back to tutoring this afternoon. I still have a few things I want to get done today so I best get this post written so I can hop to it.  

So without further ado, let's join in with the lovely Sandra over at "Diary of a Stay at Home Mom" in her Happy Homemaker Monday meme:


THE WEATHER:::
It is partly sunny today with highs around 70. Supposed to be in the 70s most of this week, until Friday when it dips back down to the 50s. Overall, I can't complain about the weather.  

ON MY READING PILE:::
I am currently reading "50 Shades of Grey." I also started "The Ebb Tide" by Beverly Lewis for a review next week. (Talk about total opposites of the spectrum. LOL)


ON MY TV:::

On Friday nights, we typically do pizza and a movie for the kids. This year I would like to try to remember what movies we have watched, so I will be recapping here.





This past Friday night, we watched "It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown." I have also had baseball on, even though the Indians' season isn't starting out the way that I had hoped.  
ON THE MENU FOR THIS WEEK:::
MONDAY: scrambled eggs, sausage links, toast, fruit
TUESDAY: chef salad
WEDNESDAY:
THURSDAY:
FRIDAY: 
SATURDAY:
SUNDAY:

I have no idea for the rest of the week. I will menu plan later and plan our grocery trip for tomorrow.



ON MY TO-DO LIST FOR THIS WEEK:::
Monday: Ben speech and OT, tutor, trash and recycling to curb, tutor
Tuesday: kids to school, grocery store,  tutor, Rebecca has an AHG meeting (make out check for camp registration money)
Wednesday: kids to school, tutor
Thursday: kids to school, tutor
Friday: kids to school, Ben's class has a Spring party 
Saturday:
Sunday: PSR, church,
And each day has the daily housework that needs to be done!

LOOKING AROUND THE HOUSE:::
It doesn't look too bad considering yesterday was Easter and the kids have been home from school for the  last week. There are Easter baskets on the kitchen table and toys out in the living room.

FROM THE CAMERA:::


WHAT I'M WEARING TODAY:::

 
SIMPLE PLEASURE:::
Watching my children grow up and enjoy the little things. They were so excited for their Easter baskets yesterday and the bunny cinnamon rolls I made. They were equally excited to go out and play with their cousins and Grandpa yesterday afternoon. To watch them grow up is a true delight.

DEVOTIONAL OR QUOTE:::




So there you have it. A little peek into my life on this Tuesday. Hope everyone has had a great day and let's see what the rest of this week will bring! 
 

9 comments:

  1. I really like your new blog look although everything being on the left now threw me for a minute (probably because it's Monday, LOL). Cute shirt! I hope your kids enjoy their last day of spring break. Hopefully, some motivation will find you soon (please send me some when it does). Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything on the left is taking me some getting used to as well! I am 95% happy with the new look. I needed a change :)

      Delete
  2. I really needed that quote today! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you remove the blog roll or am I blind. Like the new look of your blog too. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The list of other blogs that I love is showing up on the left now, under the pictures of my family. The list of my previous posts is then under that on the left as well. :-)

      Delete
  4. Hello, Those Bunny Cinnamon Rolls sound good. I really like the quote-I wrote it down and What a cute blouse. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My shirt was a Goodwill find a couple of years ago. It is one of my favorites! Hope you have a great week too!

      Delete
  5. I just could never get into the Fifty Shades of Grey books haha

    Loved the quote you posted at the end, it's so true and something worth keeping in mind. :)

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete