Monday, April 3, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday (4/3/2017)

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Mine was busy between cleaning house and then Ben's birthday yesterday. I really need another day to get back in to the swing of the week, but that isn't going to happen.

Today is April 3, and that date is an important one in my life as it was on April 3, 2004 that I had the first contact with Bill. I emailed him through Yahoo Personals and decided to try the whole online dating thing. Here we are 13 years later and still going strong!

So far today, I have gone to the grocery stores, submitted a rebate, went and picked my sister up as her car broke down about half an hour from here as she was heading back to Cleveland to college. Now I am taking a moment to type this up before I have to head to the library to tutor.

So without further ado, let's join in with the lovely Sandra over at "Diary of a Stay at Home Mom" in her Happy Homemaker Monday meme:


THE WEATHER:::
It is overcast and it is supposed to rain this afternoon and tomorrow. In fact they are calling for rain every day this week except for Wednesday.

ON MY READING PILE:::
I am currently reading "50 Shades of Grey."


ON MY TV:::

On Friday nights, we typically do pizza and a movie for the kids. This year I would like to try to remember what movies we have watched, so I will be recapping here.




This past Friday night, we watched "Pinocchio." We also spent some time watching basketball this weekend. I currently have a baseball game on as it is MLB Opening Day. My favorite team doesn't play until tonight-- GO TRIBE! I also have the ACM Awards on the DVR that I didn't watch last night to watch.
ON THE MENU FOR THIS WEEK:::
MONDAY: pulled pork nachos and strawberries/mandarin orange salad
TUESDAY: sweet and sour chicken and rice
WEDNESDAY: Sloppy joes, green beans and cantaloupe
THURSDAY: Chili and grilled cheese (probably last time to have chili until next fall)
FRIDAY: Cheese pizza and fruit
SATURDAY: ???
SUNDAY: ???



ON MY TO-DO LIST FOR THIS WEEK:::
Monday: Go to the grocery store, Ben speech and OT, tutor, trash and recycling to curb, get Rebecca to do her AHG stuff
Tuesday: kids to school, tutor, Rebecca has an AHG meeting
Wednesday: kids to school, tutor
Thursday: kids to school, tutor
Friday: kids to school,
Saturday:
Sunday: PSR, church, Ben's birthday
And each day has the daily housework that needs to be done and I have some deeper cleaning to do as we are having cake and ice cream at our house on Sunday for Ben's birthday. 

LOOKING AROUND THE HOUSE:::
It doesn't look too bad considering Ben has been playing with his new toys from his birthday.


FROM THE CAMERA:::




WHAT I'M WEARING TODAY:::
jeans, a brown, green and white flowered top and brown flats
 
SIMPLE PLEASURE:::
Seeing how excited a 5 year old is when he is telling people he is 5. Ben was so excited to tell the cashier at Aldi's this morning that he was 5 years old now!

DEVOTIONAL OR QUOTE:::




So there you have it. A little peek into my life on this Tuesday. Hope everyone has had a great day and let's see what the rest of this week will bring! 
 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you and your husband! What a sweet beginning! And I may have to steal your Yoda quote because I totally need to remember that kind of thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete