Monday, May 1, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday (5/1/2017)

Happy Monday and Happy May!! This post is getting put way late as things have been crazy around here the last week or so. Last time I posted was last Wednesday and there is always something going on! I have been on the go-go-go and the winds of change are happening. I started a brand new diet over the weekend. I have been walking and doing the tower here in town. My hubby is looking for a new job. Like I said, I think that the winds of change are starting to blow....Guess I should just buckle down for the ride :-)   

For now let's join in with the lovely Sandra over at "Diary of a Stay at Home Mom" in her Happy Homemaker Monday meme:


THE WEATHER:::
It is cloudy and windy now. Earlier today it was pouring down rain an chilly. Then the sun came out but it was still a little chilly and pretty windy. Then it clouded up, then it was sunny. Crazy weather to go with our crazy life! ;-)  

ON MY READING PILE:::
I finished Debbie Macomber's new book "If Not for You" and have yet to start a new book. I do have 2 books for review that I need to start.


ON MY TV:::

On Friday nights, we typically do pizza and a movie for the kids. This year I would like to try to remember what movies we have watched, so I will be recapping here.







This past Friday night, we watched "Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules" Rebecca has read the books and so when I saw this at the library I knew she would want to see it. We have also had the NBA playoffs on as well as some baseball, and LOTS of cartoons! LOL  
ON THE MENU FOR THIS WEEK:::
MONDAY: taco boats, corn, and salad
TUESDAY: Caribbean jerk chicken drumsticks, broccoli and salad
WEDNESDAY: spaghetti, garlic bread and salad
THURSDAY: fish sticks, baked potatoes, green beans
FRIDAY: pizza grilled cheese, salad and fruit
SATURDAY: pancakes, sausage, and fruit
SUNDAY: meatball sliders, green beans, and salad


ON MY TO-DO LIST FOR THIS WEEK:::
Monday: grocery store, tutor, Jacob to doctor, trash and recycling to curb
Tuesday: kids to school, walk with my brother, prescription to Walmart
Wednesday: kids to school, tutor
Thursday: kids to school, tutor
Friday: kids to school, Ben has his 5 year physical
Saturday:
Sunday: PSR, church
And each day has the daily housework that needs to be done!

I also need to do the following this week:
Do Ben's kindergarten registration online
Summer Tutoring ad for Facebook
Call to make Jacob an eye doctor appointment
Clean both bathrooms
Mop all floors with Thieves EO
Rough Draft of Summer chore charts for the kids



LOOKING AROUND THE HOUSE:::
It doesn't look too bad. There are kids' toys out but they will clean all them up in a bit before they go to bed. Kitchen has been cleaned up after dinner.

FROM THE CAMERA:::


WHAT I'M WEARING TODAY:::

 


SIMPLE PLEASURE:::
Hearing and smelling the Spring rain.

DEVOTIONAL OR QUOTE:::




So there you have it. A little peek into my life on this Monday evening! Hope everyone has had a great day and let's see what the rest of this week will bring! 
 

2 comments:

  1. I think spring brings out the frantic busy in all of us so everyone gets a pass for being too involved in other things. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new look of your blog!!

    ReplyDelete