Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Apple Picking and Ice Cream for dinner?

On Saturday, we headed out early to go apple picking with the kids. We met up with my mom and to our surprise my sister came along. She was home from college for the weekend but was supposed to go with my Dad and brother to a college visit for my brother but instead decided to come apple picking with the kiddos! We decided to go early because the temperatures were supposed to reach to close to 90 degrees with heat indexes up to 100. (This is late September right?)



We headed out to Utica to Legend Hills Orchard. We go to this orchard every year as their prices can't be beat and they have a lovely farm market to go with their u-pick orchard. 









This year we ended up picking 5 huge bags of apples. We brought 3 home and my mom brought 2 to her house. My mom made crockpot apple butter and applesauce out of hers. She was also going to make a pie out of hers. Here, I have been making batches of applesauce to freeze. I will probably also make a pie (or 2) soon as well. 


After we went apple picking, we stopped and had an early lunch/late breakfast at Pioneer Restaurant in Utica. I haven't been to this diner in over 14 years. We all had yummy food! 

Then we decided to head across the street to Goodwill, as I was looking for a jacket for Rebecca (she left hers at school and someone walked off with it even though it had her name in it) and baby toys for the baby that I am babysitting. I scored on both accounts. I was able to get a jacket for Rebecca for under $3 and I got a huge box of toys for $5. When I got them home and could see what was in the box, there are a lot of toys I can use for the baby. SO yay! 

After Goodwill, we headed to my parents' house as my sister wanted to give me my belated birthday gift (my birthday is in July). She finally had finished it....and I love it. I love when she makes art stuff for me. 


That afternoon was spent just chilling at home...

Sunday, the kids had to go to PSR classes at church and I had to teach the 5th grade class. Then we had mass. After mass, Rebecca had alter server training to do while the boys played on the playground. We then went to Dollar Tree and McDonalds for lunch. After lunch, Rebecca and I dropped the boys and Bill off at home and we headed to the theatre to see a local production of "Lion King Jr." The boys had seen it for free on Friday with school, but Rebecca wanted to see it. It was very well done and very professional level.

 


That night, I really didn't want to cook dinner and at one point I even asked Bill if we could just get ice cream for dinner. He said I had to be sensible, so I made tacos. After we ate our tacos, we headed to Dairy Queen, because sometimes a girl just needs ice cream. I just had that kind of feeling.





Hope everyone reading had a good weekend. Now I must get back to processing more apples....

2 comments:

  1. One of the two things I miss about living up north is apple season. My favorite apple is the Macoun and they are usually at peak this time of year. The other thing I miss is going to Hersheypark. As for ice cream, well we've had it for dinner many times. Nothing sensible about it, but who cares? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting fruits directly from the garden is so fun. We get pure and fresh fruits. Moreover it is so much fun to find the ripped ones. Now it's time to avail Web Development services for more information.

    ReplyDelete