Thursday, September 7, 2017

Buckeye Bars (New Recipe # 11 of 2017)

So I know that I am supposed to be dieting. I know that I should be eating healthier and I have been trying. But, then I saw this recipe for "Buckeye Bars" and I HAD to make them. I was craving something sweet and these sounded SO good. 





Let me tell you...THEY ARE DELICIOUS!!!! If you like the buckeye candy, you will love these. They taste just like buckeyes but are in bar form which means they were much easier to make.

I will say this...I followed the recipe here. However, I made one change. The original recipe called for 4- 4oz Ghirardelli Semisweet Chocolate bars. Well, I had all the ingredients at home, except the chocolate bars. So, I thought I would substitute semi-sweet chocolate chips. Well, the first batch of chocolate that I tried to melt scorched. So I had to run to the store to get some more (as I had already made the peanut butter layer). I first looked at the Ghirardelli bars. They were $4.19 a bar at Kroger! If I followed the recipe, I would spend over $16 on the chocolate. Um, no thanks. I bought 2 bags of semi-sweet chocolate chips for $1.99 a bag and came back home. This time the chocolate melted just fine. :) 


My hubby and kids LOVED these bars and they will definitely be added to our dessert rotation. So yummy! 

OTHER NEW RECIPES TRIED IN 2017:
Pork Chop and Scalloped Potato Bake
Tex-Mex Tilapia
Baked Chicken Parmesan
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins 
Pizza Grilled Cheese
Southwestern Style Egg Scramble
Tuna Avocado Salad
Monkey Salad
Mini Mozzarella Stuffed Italian Meatloaves
Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Ranch Tater Tot Casserole

No comments:

Post a Comment