Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Weigh In Wednesday: Lots of walking does not equal lots of weight loss :(




Let's get on with this week's Weigh In Wednesday: 

    My official starting weight (on 1/1/2017) was: 242.0 pounds!

My weight last week was 235.8.
My weight today is: 

So a loss of 0.4 pounds. 
Total loss from 1/1/17: 6.6 pounds

Seriously?!!??? Only 0.4 pounds? I have been exercising and walking like crazy. I will admit that I have been stressed a lot this past week. I thought I was eating well, but maybe I am not. I don't know. I feel smaller. Bill tells me that I look smaller. Maybe I am gaining muscle. I don't know. I am frustrated with it all. I think that I am going to go back to carb-cycling my meals. Will have to plan on that....

Exercise wise this is what happened since last Wednesday:



Thursday: After the chaos and depression that was last Wednesday, Thursday I felt the need to push it. So Bill and I walked 5.45 miles. It felt refreshing to get out of the house and push it.









Friday: We were both pretty tired on Friday, but we still got in a 3.12 mile walk on the path. 









Saturday: It was cold and rainy so we didn't do anything outside! 


Sunday: We needed to get the kids OUTSIDE! We took them over to Ariel Foundation to see if we could find any frogs and turtles. The kids love the park and we ended up walking 2.3 miles.









Monday: Long story short our cookout plans got nixed so we found ourselves with a free afternoon. We headed out to Honey Run Waterfall to hike around. We ended up following several trails, including one that led us to the top of the waterfall. We only hiked about a mile but there was lots of climbing to it! 

I also discovered an arm workout app on my kindle fire, so I also did that for 5 minutes. 















Tuesday: Bill and I did go for a walk, even though this was a Tuesday that was really a Monday schedule wise. It was weird. I really needed to walk though as the stress of life was really getting to me. We did a little over 3 miles on the Kokosing Gap Trail.


Wednesday (Today):   We went to a new to us place. We explored the Ramser Arboretum in Jelloway Ohio. We hiked 2.09 miles. It was really peaceful among the trees and hearing the birds. 










So I think going into next week, I am going to keep walking and also I am going to get back to a carb-cycling plan as that has helped me in the past. I am trying not to get discouraged but it is hard. I will say this, I am really enjoying all the walking and being outside. It does wonders for my spirits.     



       If you are on a weight loss journey, how are you doing? 

15 comments:

  1. But you are stronger and feel better. Go with it girl. Watch the carbs, drink more water and keep up the good work. Pile up 7 lbs of butter and look at it. Visualize that and see how much better you feel. You know thin feels? It feels hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I laughed at your comment about thin feeling hungry! I do feel stronger and better so I am trying to focus on that. :)

      Delete
  2. The weight loss is small because you are building muscle mass maybe? Muscle weighs more than fat.....I should know. lolz
    Keep at it. You are inspiring me to get back on this danged exercycle here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to keep that in mind too. If I can do it, you can too!

      Delete
  3. Don't give up. I find that it takes weeks before any good changes from exercise are recognized on the scale. Also, food definitely impacts the scale more than any exercise. Keep at it. I consider food my method of weight loss, and working out is for toning & my sanity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really spoke to me. I need to look at it that way. Working out is really for my sanity. I woke up this morning in a really bad mood, and then Hubby and I went for a 4+ mile walk and I felt so much better and settled when we were done. Now I need to plan the food part and then maybe I will see the pounds drop.

      Delete
  4. First time actually commenting. As someone who lost 120 lbs and kept it off (over a few years, mind you), exercise for health and muscle and diet for weight (unless you are EXTREMELY heavy or like my daughter, who does crossfit regularly. at 40) But, as others haveb said, exercise helps your heart and builds muscle-so you can see mesurements lowering even without weight loss. Just make sure to continue eating all healthy foods rather than elminating any. Personally I count carbs not calories and aim for 150 a day. But dont kill myself if I get to 200 a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara! Thanks for commenting. Congrats on the 120lbs weight loss! I want to loss close to 40 pounds total. It really hit home today that the exercise needs to be for my sanity and to help keep my body healthy. I am planning on counting carbs, as counting calories is not something that I enjoyed in the past so gave up!

      Delete
  5. Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post. weigh loss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I have browsed most of your posts. This post is probably where I got the most useful information for my research. Thanks for posting, maybe we can see more on this. Are you aware of any other websites on this subject. Outdoor Furniture

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course, even with this great feature, safety should still be a priority. Just ensure that the bed frames are sturdy and the slides have a deep bed that wouldn't cause your kids to fall over the sides. toddler bunk bed with slide

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. scootersleuth.com/reviews/segway-ninebot-max-review/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. AR 15 Parts

    ReplyDelete
  10. This particular papers fabulous, and My spouse and i enjoy each of the perform that you have placed into this. I’m sure that you will be making a really useful place. I has been additionally pleased. Good perform! AR 15 Parts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terror House: This is a museum that gives you the experience of the Cold War and WWII. Immobilien in Budapest

    ReplyDelete