Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Jacob had a birthday party on Sunday

On Sunday, we had a little birthday party/ get together for Jacob's 8th birthday. 



He requested a Seattle Seahawks cake and I aim to please. The eye on that darn Seahawk was a pain to get right. LOL Jacob loved his cake though! 

My parents and siblings and sister-in-law and niece and nephew came over to celebrate Jacob with cake and ice cream. 






Jacob got sports cards, sports magazines, and some needed clothes for winter (long sleeve shirts especially).









He said it was the best birthday party ever! And that makes this mama's heart happy. 

5 comments:

  1. That is a great cake! What I especially like about your pictures is the lack of birthday paper ware. I tried to get my daughter not to spend so much on paper stuff for birthdays. No success. Happy Birthday to Jacob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. We don't typically go all out. I will admit that we did when they were like 1 and 2 and it was too much. We have done much simpler these last few years. Now I pick up a pack of paper plates at Dollar Tree and that is it. Works for us.

      Delete
  2. From my home in Seahawk's country, Happy Birthday to Jacob! Always happy to have another 12th man!
    You did a beautiful job on that cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg B. Jacob has always been a Seahawks fan from the first time he saw Russell Wilson play. He love the Seahawks. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. That cake is perfect for a guy! I love it. Happy Birthday, Jacob!

    ReplyDelete