Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Crazy times-- flooding and lots to do

Time is continuing to fly on by over here in my little corner of the world. I go to bed exhausted at night and get up with my feet running in the morning. Better to be busy than bored, right? 

Right now I am taking a little breather from cleaning tasks that I have been doing. Getting ready to get Benjamin into the bathtub so I can mark that off my to do list. So what has been going on since I last hopped on here? 

Well, this past weekend we had some crazy weather. It rained all day on Saturday-- we got over 3 inches of rain. Many areas around us were flooded with LOTS of streets closed due to high water. To give you an idea of how much rain we got, the first picture below is one that I took last week during a walk with Bill (you can see the bottom of the river and rocks showing as the water was really low) and the second picture is one that the trail's facebook page posted on Sunday. Crazy.



Thankfully we only got a small amount of water in one side of the basement! The next day we were getting snow showers and on Monday there was ice on my windows in the morning!


Crazy weather and does not make me look forward to winter as I have a feeling it is going to be very wet with snow and cold. 

Other than that we have been just doing our thing. Tutoring, babysitting, etc. The kids have been extra busy at school with extra stuff-- like Rebecca went on a field trip to see the movie "Wonder" with her class. Ben's class had a Thanksgiving feast yesterday. Bill continues to have a hellish time at work. I am not sure how much longer he can stand being there. We are keeping our eyes/ears open for other possibilities but they are few and far between. 

Today the kids are home from school as they are on their Thanksgiving break. Bill is at work most of the day today as they have to put 2 newspapers together and then stuff the papers with all the black Friday ads. The kids have been watching Christmas shows on Netflix most of the day while I have been puttering around trying to get some things done. 

I have baked 2 birthday cakes for tomorrow (one for my niece and one for Rebecca). I have cut up 10 pounds of apples that we were given that were soft and they are cooking away in the crock pot. I went through 2- 10 pound bags of potatoes that we were given and picked out the good potatoes and threw the rest out. (I think they were outside overnight and they got frozen). I also have deep cleaned both litter boxes, mopped the bathroom floor, wiped down the counters and cabinet fronts, straightened up the pantry, got 2/3 kids baths, done 4 loads of laundry, taken trash out to the garage....it has been a busy day. 

Well, I should get off of here and get Ben into the bath so that I can keep going on my to do list. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday! 

2 comments:

  1. Hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear your hubby is unhappy at his job. Unfortunately, I know all too well what that's like. Hopefully a better job opportunity will come up. My husband got his latest job by pure happenstance. So far it's working out well. We feel very fortunate.

    ReplyDelete