Thursday, November 9, 2017

Life happenings lately...

Life is just moving right along over here in our neck of the woods. My days consist of being super busy and collapsing into bed and then doing it all over again the next day. LOL. Such is the season of our lives right now. We have been busy with the kids, with our jobs and just getting things done that need to be done.   Let's see what has been going on....

I have been tutoring and babysitting a lot. I typically watch Baby A 4 days a week. Sometimes it is all day (from 7:15-4); other days it is only a couple of hours. I charge a flat daily rate so it works out. I am also continuing to tutor, although I just "graduated" another client out of my services for the time being. I got this 5th grader caught up and so we are going to take a break from services to see how she does during the next quarter at school. Bill continues to be extremely busy with work. He is overworked and it is not a great work environment so he is also actively looking for something else in his field. Unfortunately there aren't many positions available, but we are hoping he finds something sooner rather than later. 

The kids are keeping us busy as well. They all got their report cards last week and we had parent teacher conferences today. They are all doing extremely well. Rebecca and Jacob are both getting straight As and are being pushed into the higher levels in their classes. Ben is doing well adjusting to kindergarten. He will be getting some extra reading help as he has not mastered knowing his letters yet but they are working with him. So school is going well. 


Outside of school, Rebecca keeps us busy with her American Heritage Girls troop meetings and activities. This weekend, I am helping with an artisan and craft show that they are hosting. This past weekend, I took the kids to their Upwards basketball evaluations. We have signed all 3 of them up to play this year (we paid at the end of the last season when Rebecca played as it was significantly cheaper to sign them up then.) They will meet their coaches and start practices at the end of this month. Benjamin especially was very excited to go through evaluations. 



I have been trying to get some outside time in. The weather hasn't really been cooperating or I have been busy with other things that need to be done. I was able to get out yesterday and today to take advantage of the sunshine. It is supposed to be way colder tomorrow so I am not sure if I will get out or not. Yesterday, we took the kids to the park after school to have their snack and to throw rocks in the lake. They love to do this. 



Let's see what else... Oh I won a giveaway on Facebook. A local mattress company was giving away a free sheet set to a lucky winner on their Facebook page. I entered and won! I wouldn't pay $79.99 for a new set of sheets but I will definitely take a set if I win them. I picked our set up on Tuesday after we went and voted. They are the best shade of blue! 

Right now, the kids are playing with Ben's Thomas the train stuff. I have dinner in the oven and am just relaxing. I have been exhausted all day, I think it is because Rebecca and I stayed up to watch the CMA awards last night and then I had to get up early this morning for a doctors appointment for Jacob. Maybe I can sleep in a little tomorrow morning since the kids don't have school. Hmm...probably not since the kids don't know the concept of sleeping in. LOL Oh well, that is life as mom. 

So that is what has been happening in our little corner of the world. The oven just beeped, so I need to go get dinner on the table before the kids revolt! Hope everyone has a great evening! 



4 comments:

  1. You sound super busy over there, know that feeling well. I also know the feeling of wanting to get outside and the weather and my schedule not cooperating. Hope those kids sleep in for you tomorrow and you have a wonderful and relaxing day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on winning those sheets. I need to buy new sheets for our bed, but they're so expensive. Glad the kiddos are doing well in school and that they still enjoy throwing rocks into the water. A simple pleasure. We had a sudden change in temps yesterday and it's cold in the 50s this morning. BRRR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You definitely ARE busy! LOL Congrats on the sheets - I never seemed to have good luck in the past with winning contests but maybe I should try to start entering them again. Fingers crossed your husband finds a new job in his field quickly! It sucks that he is so overworked in a less than desirable environment. Take care! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was kind of hoping my daughter had the school day off since I am off, but she doesn't. I don't worry about teen agers getting me up early! You sound super busy-maybe some downtime on Sunday is in order.

    ReplyDelete