Monday, November 27, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

Despite all the stress that we have been under, we were able to have a lovely Thanksgiving day. We spent the morning just relaxing and watching some of the the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Then it was off to the park for a walk. I needed to get out of the house and the sun was out for a bit. It was chilly but felt good to get outside.




The kids were excited because they found several painted rocks on our walk. 








Then it was time to head to my parents' house for dinner. My mom cooked all the dinner this year, except for the 2 birthday cakes that I made. We were in extra thankful mode this year as my younger brother (5 years younger than me) had a minor heart attack 2 weeks ago and had to have 2 stents put in. This year it was just family around the table---my mom, my dad, Bill, the kids and I, my brother Joe, his wife and their 3 kids, and my brother Josh and my sister Mary. It was a yummy dinner full of laughs and lots of love. 

Me and my siblings



The kids' table

The adult table

My dinner plate

My youngest brother loves rolls

My nephew



After dinner, we celebrated my niece's 13th birthday and Rebecca's 11th birthday. Lacie requested a "Poison Ivy" cake and Rebecca requested an emoji cake. 











Then it was time to just hang out and relax before heading back home loaded down with tons of leftovers, which we used for dinner on Friday.



It was a wonderful, low key holiday which is just what we needed as our weekend was going to be crazy busy. I hope everyone else's was as well. 

2 comments:

  1. I hope your brother is feeling better. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your brother is okay, hope he continues to recover. Looks like a fun Thanksgiving, wonderful looking cakes!

    ReplyDelete