Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Kicking off the holiday season

 Happy Thanksgiving Eve everyone! Man it has been a crazy couple weeks. Crazy busy with work, doctors appointments, dealing with some health issues too. Also trying to find time to schedule some holiday fun as I feel like we were left out of so much holiday fun last year since we were sick with COVID. Also trying to not be online as much, as the news is just depressing and I don't need all the freaking negativity that is abounding. Trying to focus on the kids and go from there.

It has been cold around here and in fact we had our 1st snow of the year last weekend! It was really pretty! The first one of the year is always the prettiest. 


 

I have been working everyday. My boss is thinking about adding a 5th person to the middle school crew so I have been working there everyday for 2.25 hours. It isn't a ton, but it is what it is. I have also been dealing with some medical issues. I have been getting shortness of breath again and back pain and shoulder pain in the left shoulder. I had a cardiologist appointment last week and he doubled one of my heart meds that is meant to stop heart pain. Well, that was not a good move as I reacted badly to the doubling...was super anxious, emotional, nauseous, felt like my chest was super tight, etc. I did the new dosage for 24 hours (it is a medicine that I take twice a day) and then went back to my original dosage. I called the doctor's office on Monday and they called back yesterday and wanted me to stop taking the medicine completely and he is ordering a stress test to see if anything else is going on. It is frustrating. 

I have also been trying to fit in some holiday fun. Last Saturday, my mom, Rebecca and I attended a holiday bazaar in a town about 20 minutes away from us. There were over 100 vendors. I got a couple Christmas gifts bought and we had fun. It had been years since either my mom or I had been to a Christmas craft bazaar. After, we googled nearby places to eat and we found a cute diner where we could get breakfast or lunch food. I had a yummy omelet and Rebecca had a grilled ham and cheese sandwich and some super yummy fries. 





Then we headed to a nearby coffee house that was having an open house. Mom picked up a few more Christmas gifts and Rebecca found a candle for her friend. We also got some yummy drinks including a frozen hot chocolate for me!


 

Then we headed off to the Friends of the Library Book Warehouse, where they were having their last day event for members. It was $5 to join and then you could take as many books, dvds, or cds that you wanted. My mom and I both walked out with a huge cardboard box full of books each. I think I am set for winter. 

Yesterday, Bill and I surprised the kids and took them to a drive-thru light display about 30 minutes from us. There were over 2 million lights and it was all synchronized to a radio station that had Christmas music. It was really neat. My pictures don't do it justice at all. (On a side note, we realized half way through that it was a trigger for the boys' autism. It was a little over stimulating. Halfway through Ben said it was giving him a headache. Jacob was over excited after and didn't want to eat much dinner which is a sign he has been over stimulated.)











Today, we have had a really low key day at home, except for Bill who had to work. I have done a couple loads of laundry. I cleaned the kitchen and the kids deep cleaned the living room. I also spent this morning reading a book and was able to finish it at lunch. Up next is my stack of Christmas reads. Tomorrow, I have a corn casserole to make and 2 cheese balls. Then it is off for Thanksgiving with family. I hope everyone has a happy, healthy, and blessed Thanksgiving Day! 


3 comments:

  1. I love frozen hot chocolate! I hope you get to feeling better. Don't work too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your doctors are able to figure out the correct dosage for you, & what's going on with your health, so you can feel better! Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the snowstorm picture at the start of your post. Hope you are feeling better and they get everything figured out for you. That does sound frustrating. Sometimes those shorter workdays are harder than just working a full day at least I think it feels like that. Glad you are off having some holiday fun with the kids and that frozen hot chocolate looks delicious! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and are enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete