Sunday, November 28, 2021

Rebecca is 15!

 Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you all are having a great day. It is the end of a 5 day weekend for the kids and I today. We have a had a good break. I will recap our Thanksgiving and some fun this coming week, but today is a very special day in our house! REBECCA IS 15 YEARS OLD today! How is that even possible? 

Seems like just yesterday, I was handed this beauty of a girl and was scared to death and didn't know how I was going to be able to be mom to her. Well, here we are 15 years later and what can I say? When I look at her, I see a beautiful, compassionate, loving, kind-hearted, young woman who is a joy to be around and is constantly amazing me with her life. She is a good friend to many, has a soft spot for those who are less fortunate and/or are ostracized in our community. She is very involved in our church youth group, Diversity club, and choir at school. She loves to play guitar and ukulele. She loves to crochet and almost always has yarn in her hands. She is artistic and full of life. 



We celebrated with family last night with a small get-together before my sister, her girlfriend, and my brother had to head back to college today. We had make your own sandwiches and minestrone soup for dinner and white cake for dessert. Rebecca received lovely gifts...including a Van Gogh design guitar strap, a cat design Ukulele strap, nail polish, 2 HUGE boxes full of yarn, etc. 






Today it has been low key for her. We went to church and then came home to relax. She has been getting texts from friends throughout the day wishing her Happy birthday and she is currently video chatting with her best friend--I can hear the giggles coming from her room. Later, we will be going out for Mexican for dinner which was her request. 

I will say it is a good day for her to be 15, even if I am in denial that she is that old!! 

Because I know that she reads this blog, I will say this:

HAPPY 15TH BIRTHDAY REBECCA! I AM TRULY BLESSED TO BE YOUR MOM AND I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT THIS NEXT YEAR BRINGS YOU! I LOVE YOU!  

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your sweet girl. The cake is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Rebecca! Love the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca, Happy Birthday, Beautiful Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been a joy watching her grow up on your blog. What an incredible and lovely young lady she has become. Happy Birthday Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated 15th Birthday to Rebecca! Hope she enjoys her week and what a cool cake.

    ReplyDelete